Monday, December 1, 2008

ERIK'S SONG©



ERIKS SONG

What do you know of the distortion in my soul?
What do you know of the tortured life I’ve lived?
What do you know of the love I’ve not known?
If you only knew than my distortion you would forgive.

A mother’s love was denied me from the start
I never knew what it was to have her heart
My haunted face has led me to this place
A place of loneliness, no warm embrace, no escape.

There was a time when you wanted to know me
Look past this face, see the man inside of me
Will you look past the distortion in my soul?
And see the man who is longing to be held

The man inside this haunted face you see
He needs your love to come and set him free
All that I have I would gladly give
If you’ll take my love and teach me how to live…

Composed by Cheryl McKinney

June 8, 2005
Revised 12/02/08

No comments: