Sunday, December 7, 2008

LOCKED UP STATE OF MIND©


LOCKED UP STATE OF MIND

I know not what I knew not before
I know less now than I ever knew before
Each day that passes by creates more confusion,
Waiting for a deal seems like a delusion.

Locked up all day, locked up all night,
Depressed as can be, none of this time’s right,
Caring less each day, cause nothing seems to help,
No matter what you do – you’re stuck by yourself

Waiting for the next court date – don’t know what to do
Put off month to month – nothing you can do,
Every time I think I know what’s going on,
It actually seems even longer till I can get home.

Life’s up in the air with so much confusion
All stressed out – this jail thing’s an illusion,
Losing all you had, feeling so stuck,
System’s got you trapped – all messed up

I know not what I knew not before
I know less now than I knew before
So little left to really hope for
Can’t wait to get out of this locked door.


Written by Bert Calderon

No comments: