Monday, December 1, 2008

SET ME FREE©



Set Me Free

So many things I do not understand,
Yet in my heart I long,
To take your hand
My mind says no, do not go,
Yet my heart says take your hand.

How can I know which way to turn?
I look into your eyes
They so deeply burn
How do I know which is wrong or right?
Do I plunge into darkness or follow your light?

It’s all I’ve known – this deep, dark world,
This is the place that I’ve called home
Yet one glance in your eyes
They so deeply burn
Will you show me the way I am to turn?

“Come you say to me
Take my hand I’ll set you free”
Remove your mask there’s no need to hide
For I see the man deep down inside.

How can you know the man in me?
How can you truly set me free?
You say a new life I will live
But can the world truly forgive?
Will the world truly forgive?

Your eyes meet mine, they burn inside
I take your hand, I cannot hide
I feel your love surrounding me
Finally! I have been set free
Your love has set me free.

Written 12/27/07 Cheryl A. McKinney

No comments: