Sunday, December 7, 2008

TO MY WIFE©


TO MY WIFE

When we took our vows as man and wife,
We committed to each other for the rest of our lives,
In sickness and health, for richer or poorer,
Through troubles and strife, for better for worse.

For so many years we’ve rode our ups and downs
Confident that we’d both stick around,
Taking for granted that we’d always be there,
And through it all, still knowing we care.

I realize that words alone cannot cure
The cloud of wrongs we’ve both endured,
Our bond is blessed by our Lord above
It’s difficult to withstand excessive tough love.

As I look at the pictures of you and our kids,
Fond memories I reflect, of things we both did,
Now I must prove that I can remain straight,
I promise to you, it’ll be worth the wait.


Totally through with stupid drug games,
Wasting our lives was totally insane
Yet I know in my heart what’s most important to me,
Is to be with you for all eternity.

We owe it to each other and our family,
To pull together and fulfill our destiny,
To raise our children to be the best they can be,
Our family together with just you and me.


Written by Bert Calderon

No comments: